Junior/Senior International Undergraduate Base Tuition Rate Scholarship
The 2017 Junior/Senior International Undergraduate Base Tuition Rate Scholarship Application can be found here.
Please review the waiver eligibility and application procedures below. Students will be responsible for ensuring that the Office of International Student and Study Abroad Services, Memorial Union 116, has received the complete application and two letters of recommendation no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 25, 2016.
- A student must be in F-1 student status and be authorized by the U.S. Immigration Service to attend NDSU
- A student must be pursing an undergraduate degree
- A student must have successfully completed a minimum of 12 credits each semester at NDSU since initial enrollment unless an international student adviser approved a lesser load
- A student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 at NDSU
- Student must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Students must be classified as a junior by the end of Spring Semester 2016 (will have earned 60 credits) -and-
- Have attended NDSU for a minimum of two semesters
- Have not received the junior senior scholarship twice previously
- Preference will be given to students who have attended NDSU for at least four semesters and have never received the award.
Interested students should submit the following:
1. Completed Online Application including:
- Questionnaire with essay questions
- Activity & Leadership Role list
2. A minimum of two letters of recommendation. The letters should be from someone affiliated with NDSU (a professor, advisor, student organization leader, etc.) who is familiar with your achievements and observed your abilities. These should be submitted no later than the application deadline.
You have the option to upload the letters of recommendation in the online application or turn in the letters of recommendation to the ISSAS office (Memorial Union 116). Please note, for security purposes, uploading letters of recommendation is preferred.
A university committee will select awardees. Awardees will be notified of the decision within three weeks from the deadline.