What is Internet2?
Internet2 is a consortium being led by over 280 U.S. institutions of higher education working in partnership with industry and government to develop and deploy advanced network applications and technologies, accelerating the creation of tomorrow's Internet. Internet2 is recreating the partnership among academia, industry and government that fostered today's Internet in its infancy.
The primary goals of Internet2 are
- Create a leading edge network capability for the national research community,
- Enable revolutionary Internet applications,
- Ensure the rapid transfer new network services and applications to the broader Internet community.
Internet2 Peer Networks
The broader Internet2 community comprises international networking organizations representing more than 50 countries, and state and educational networks connecting more than 50,000 institutions across the United States. Internet2 works to support members as they meet the challenges of cyberinfrastructure that are increasingly central to innovation in research and education.
- Internet2 Current Membership List
- Internet2 Events/Meetings/Workshops
- Internet2 FAQ
- Internet2 - Contact
- Internet2 Glossary of Terms
- Internet2 K20 Initiative
- Internet2 K20 U.S. Connectivity Map
- Internet2 K20 - Muse Collaborative Site
- Internet2 North Dakota Membership
- Internet2 North Dakota Sponsored Education Group Participants
- Internet2 North Dakota Sponsored Participants