Megaconference is changing!
Over the last ten years the Megaconference event has succeeded in achieving it's original goal of connecting people together everywhere on Earth in order to further the use of videoconferencing in education and research and to advance the state of the art in videoconferencing technology. Many of the original team of visionaries that developed and led Megaconference into what it is today are stepping back from their responsibilities at work and with Megaconference.
Help from higher education students and faculty from around the world is needed in order for this awesome event to continue.
Please visit the Megaconference website for additional information and contact the management team if you are interested in serving on the team for future events.
November 6, 2008
6:15 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. CT
NDSU Participating Videoconference Site - QBB 422
NDSU Celebrates 10 years of participation in Megaconference!
Target Audience: High school through college
- Now in it’s 10th year, the largest original multipoint videoconference in the world features hundreds of participating sites around the world.
- Megaconference runs for a full twelve hours to accommodate time zones around the world. Sites can participate in as much or as little of the Megaconference as they choose.
- Participants can view the variety of presentations and are invited to submit a proposal for their own presentation. All presentations are encouraged to highlight the use of collaborative technologies to advance education, research and global interaction.
- There is no cost to participate. The event is available via live videoconference or live web stream.
Register for Megaconference
NDSU facilitates registration and videoconference scheduling for Megaconference participating sites in North Dakota.
Please contact Kim Owen to register as an interactive site for Megaconference.
- One or more test calls must be completed prior to the Megaconference event,
- Instructions for accessing the live and archived events streams will be posted on the Megaconference site closer to the date of the event.
Presenters: Proposal submissions for 2008 have now closed.
Participants: Participant registrations for 2008 have now closed.