All 11 N.D. University System campuses will soon move to a single instance of the Blackboard learning management system. The goal is to create a unified experience for faculty and students across the 11 campuses and the University System office.
May 2018 has been identified as a tentative date for NDSU's move into the consolidated Blackboard system.
The first campuses scheduled to be moved will be those that use eCollege: Bismarck State College, Lake Region State College and North Dakota State College of Science. The remaining campuses are tentatively scheduled to be moved in the following order:
- Blackboard campuses: Minot State University, NDSU, University of North Dakota and Valley City State University
- University System office and Moodle campuses: Dakota College at Bottineau, Dickinson State University, Mayville State University and Williston State College
Services included in this move:
All Blackboard core features and services will be migrated from local servers to Blackboard-run, cloud-hosted servers. This change may also impact services that interact with Blackboard, such as:
- Publisher-supplied content (e.g., Cengage Mindlinks, McGraw-Hill Connect, Pearson MyLabs)
- Integrated tools (e.g., Turning Technologies, Tegrity, Respondus, ExamSoft)
- NDSU-specific course creation/copy/merging processes (e.g., Blackboard Manager)
More information about how these services will be affected by the change will be available soon.
Questions and Feedback
Please submit your questions or feedback regarding the Blackboard Consolidation project.
May 24, 2016 - State Board of Higher Education voted to proceed with consolidation into a single-instance Blackboard
Nov. 16, 2016 - Governance teams and campus representatives gathered in Grand Forks to begin making system-level decisions for Blackboard
Nov. 17, 2016 - University System Core Technology Services targeted deadline for developing system-level project timeline
Nov. 21, 2016 - Functional team formed a student focus group with two students per campus
Jan. - May 15, 2017 - Campuses to complete their Academic Technology Planning discussions and action plans
May 2018 - Tentative date for NDSU's move to the consolidated Blackboard system
This timeline is base on information outlined by the University System. It is subject to change.