Student Technology Fee at Work
Meeting periodically during the academic year, the Student Technology Fee Advisory Committee discusses and formulates recommendations for the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs on the best use of the student technology fee.
Partially funding many technology programs and initiatives, our student technology fee can currently be seen in various areas on campus:
- Providing partial funding for Blackboard (online course management system; file storage).
- Increasing the number of instrumented classrooms.
- Purchasing, installing, and maintaining all hardware and software for clusters and classrooms.
- Providing funds for student IT employees.
- Supplying equipment such as digital cameras, digital video cameras, and laptop computers for checkout for academic purposes.
- Offering walk-in assistance, student technology classes, and training and workshop seminars.
Visit https://www.ndsu.edu/tfac/ for more information on the use of the student technology fee at NDSU.