In preparing your marketing media consider these suggestions:
- Know your target audience.
Make a list of potential groups that would be interested in this presentation.
- Determine which media to use.
To promote your event consider flyers or brochures, website, or any types of journal or newsletters associated with the audience. Also think about e-mail or list-servs.
- Set a timeline for your mailings.
Think about the number of mailings you wish to have and set deadline dates for printing, mailings and other promotional pieces. Are mailing lists available from groups associated with the meeting or attendance list from prior meetings?
Information for Promotional Piece/Advertising:
- Official title of the course/workshop/seminar and brief description.
- Specific times, dates and location (include building and room number).
- Originating location/ program and instructor.
- Registration information (when, where, how much, and deadline date). Will you take registrations online? Via fax or phone?
- Any credits? - college or other professional organization.
- Name of contact person with address and phone number.
- Include an event description in all advertising, with reference to where more information may be obtained.
- If the course is dependent on a certain number to make it a "go", include that information in the promotional piece.
- Add your group's logo to your promotional material along with address, phone, fax and e-mail address and/or website address.
- Confirm with your attendees with date, time (include both central and mountain time) address, maps to the locations of the sites the event will be held.
- Try to have at least one person at each site to assist with on-site registration/check-in and distribution of any handouts.
- Obtain specific locations, materials needed, parking info, maps etc.
- Brief the site contact on the type of event, who will present it, and any background information.
- Always include telephone numbers for assistance.
- Anticipate questions.
- Brief the person responsible for answering questions about the course.