Before you arrive on campus
- Activate your accounts (if you haven't already done so).
- Check your email right away so you don't miss any important messages regarding tuition, financial aid, deadlines and coursework.
- If you plan to purchase a computer, visit with your advisor beforehand to find out if your department has any minimum requirements. Check out the NDSU Bookstore for information about educational pricing and discounts for Apple and Windows computers.
- Get free software, including Microsoft Office, Mathematica, Statistical Analysis System (SAS), MATLAB, Read & Write (literacy software for reading, writing and studying) and security software.
- Create your custom information packet regarding technology services that will help you succeed at NDSU.
When you arrive on campus
- Connect your device(s) to the campus wireless network.
- Set up your personal laptop or desktop computer to print at a GoPrint station.
- Make a plan for how you will save and back up your academic work, including documents, presentations and other files. Computers crash. USB flash drives are easily lost. Consider using an NDSU-provided cloud storage service like Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive.
- Browse through our service catalog to discover more of the technology services and resources available on campus that can impact your NDSU experience!
Custom Information Packet Materials
Pick and choose from the handouts below to create your own information packet. Each contains unique information about technology services available to help you succeed at NDSU.