Lanier Printer Setup (Windows)
Before the setup:
You will need to know the 'PRN' Name, Model and your 4/6 digit code for the MFP (Multi-Functional Printer)
The PRN Name should be on a white label on the Lanier. the model number is also on the front of the lanier. Codes are obtainable by contacting your departments Administrative Assistant.
IMPORTANT - You need to follow ALL instructions before you can print to your Lanier.
Step1a - Automated
- Click here to start the automated installer Click RUN and RUN again if requested
- Enter the DNS information from the printer - e.g. = prn 001 . ABC .ndsu.nodak.edu
- no PRN required
- no periods required
- no ndsu.nodak.edu required
- Enter the desired name for your printer
- Set as default if required
- The installation will take approximately 3 minutes, you will be notified when the installation is complete.
Step 1b - Manual
- You may need to download the PCL5 Lanier driver, double click the download and extract to a location. This driver may be needed in the next step.
- Follow these standard instructions for installing a printer. When the instructions ask for a Printer Name or IP Address, type the DNS Name (e.g. prn123.ABC.ndsu.nodak.edu)
- Do not attempt to print a test page
- Open your Printers folder - Start - Devices and Printers
- Open the printer properties of the printer you just installed - Right click - Printer properties
- On the "General" tab - click "Printing Preferences"
- You need to type your 5 or 6 USER CODE into one of the following screen - click APPLY
Setup is now complete - please test your printer.
For physical problems, such as paper jams, please call Print and Copy Services at 231-2000.
For technical assistance in setting up your printer, please call the IT Help Desk at 231-8685.
2nd Tier Support is provided by Desktop Support (for supported departments), Departmental IT technicians or Print and Copy Services.