Upgrading to Internet Explorer 11
Internet Explorer 11 has been released and is currently available for download from Microsoft's Web site.
We strongly recommend that you check with your department for any specialty software that may not be IE11 compatible. (If you need to remove IE11, see the section below How Do I Remove IE11 If I Have Problems?)
Who does this affect?
This upgrade is only available for Windows Vista and Windows 7.
This upgrade is NOT available for the Macintosh OS, but individuals who are running newer versions of Windows on their Macintosh computers (with Parallels or BootCamp) should also consider the upgrade.
When should I upgrade?
The Division of IT is recommending that you install IE1 at this time. The Division of IT is currently not forcing the update but has made the deployment available through System Center.
How does the upgrade work?
You can go to the Microsoft Web site and download IE11, or if your computer is managed by Desktop Support, then you can go to 'Software Center' and install it from there.
How do I remove IE11 if I have problems?
If you experience difficulties and need to remove IE11, follow these instructions:
For Windows Vista/7 :
- Click the Start globe and then click Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Click View installed updates.
- Click Internet Explorer 11, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.
- Click one of the following:
- Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9, and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).
- Restart later (to wait until you shut down or restart your computer).
Please e-mail NDSU.HelpDesk@ndsu.edu or call 231-8685 (option 1) if you have questions or problems.