You have two IT accounts
Used to access:
Blackboard NDUS System
Used to access:
Wired / Wireless Network
Activate your IT accounts
As a new employee at NDSU, you need to activate your N.D. University System ID, NDSU electronic ID, and email account to get started using information technology services at NDSU.
Please complete Step 1, Step 2 and Step 3 below. These processes must be competed in the order they are listed.
If you have questions or need assistance, contact the IT Help Desk at (701)-231-8685.
Step 1: Claim your N.D. University System account
- Go to https://claim.ndus.edu
- Click Claim an NDUS Account
- Enter your EMPLID and 8-digit birthdate in the fields provided.
- Click Continue
- Check I Agree then click Continue to proceed.
- A confirmation message displays indicating that your account has been activated. Click the Continue button again to proceed.
- Next, you will be prompted to input a new password.
- After new password has been accepted, click Change Password
- A dialog box indicating that you have successfully changed your password appears. Click the Continue button to proceed to the next steps.
- Next, you will be prompted to select three security questions.
- Click Save Answers A Thank You message appears.
- Clicking Continue produces a dialog box that allows you to go back and change your password, reset the security questions you’ve set up, Setup Google Authentication or Setup Alternate E-mail account for password recovery.
- Once you have reached this dialog box, you will have completed the process of claiming your NDUS account.
Step 2: Activate your NDSU electronic ID
To access IT services at NDSU, your NDSU Account (NDSU electronic ID and passphrase) must be activated. Your electronic ID is usually your Firstname.Lastname.
To activate your NDSU Account:
- Open a Web browser, and go to www.ndsu.edu/enroll
- Click Set up your NDSU account, and then enter the following information:
- Last Name
- Student ID / EMPLID (7-digit ID number)
- Birth Month (MM)
- Birth Day (DD)
- Birth Year (YYYY)
- Click I agree to agree to follow university and N.D. University System policies and procedures regarding use of information technology services and electronic resources
- You will then be asked to approve a Multi-factor Authentication prompt or to set up Multi-factor Authentication for the first time
- Set and confirm a passphrase
- Add an email recovery option, and then retrieve the code from your email account to validate it
- Optional: Add a phone (SMS) recovery option, and then retrieve the code from your phone to validate it
- Click Logout in the top right corner when finished
Step 3: Log into your email for the first time
- Go to the Microsoft Office 365 login page (right click to open in a new tab or window)
- Enter your NDSU email username (typically FirstName.LastName@ndus.edu)
- Enter the password associated with your N.D. University System ID.
- Click Sign in
- An Outlook Web App page should now load, choose your language and Time Zone and click OK to finish
- You should now see your Inbox
After you activate your accounts, view the New Employee Checklist to find out what to do before and after you arrive on campus!