Access NDSU File Services - Instructions for Windows 7
A security change was made on March 6th 2018 that will require Window 7 machines to follow new instructions.
1. Open the Start Menu by clicking on the Start button in the lower left corner of your screen
2. Right click on Computer, and choose Map network drive
3. Select the letter you want to use for your drive from the drop down menu, and then enter the drive path:
Path for Department Shared Drive: https://webd01.ad.ndsu.edu/shared
Path for Personal User Drive: https://webd01.ad.ndsu.edu/home
Path for Cross-Department Shared Drive: https://webd01.ad.ndsu.edu/global
4. In the folder field, enter the drive path where your folders are located.
5. Click Finish.
7. When prompted for credentials, enter your email@example.com and the password associated with your NDSU electronic-ID (Blackboard password).
(NOTE: If login fails, use firstname.lastname@example.org instead.)
8. The drive you created should now appear under Computer.
If you experience delays when opening a folder, copying files, or moving from one folder to the next in File Services, follow these instructions.