Frequently Asked Questions - Google Apps at NDSU
How do I create my NDSU Google Apps account?
Accounts for Google Apps at NDSU are created automatically for all NDSU students, faculty and staff.
To begin accessing your account, you must log in for the first time using a default password.
How do I log in to my NDSU Google Apps account for the first time?
- Go to the Google Apps at NDSU login page (right click to open in a new tab or window)
- Type your NDSU email address (typically firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Email field
- Type your default password in an Xxx##YYYY format:
Xxx are the first 3 letters of your birth month, with the first letter capitalized
## are the last two numbers of your Student ID / Emplid
YYYY is the year you were born
- Click Sign in
- When prompted, enter a new password, and then enter your new password again to verify you have entered it correctly
- Click Let’s Get Started to close the initial welcome message
What services are included with my NDSU Google Apps account?
Can I log on to other Google services with my NDSU Google Apps username and password?
No. Your Google Apps at NDSU account provides access only to those services that have been approved by NDSU legal counsel, including Google Sites and Google Drive. Other Google services, including Gmail, Google Calendar, Blogger, YouTube, Google+, Google Maps and Picasa Web Albums, are not accessible through your Google Apps at NDSU account.
How do I change my NDSU Google Apps password?
To change your password, log in to your account using your current username and password:
- Open a Web browser and go to https://accounts.google.com
- Enter your NDSU email address (typically email@example.com) and current password
- Click on the arrow next to your email address in the top right corner, and then click Account
- In the left menu, click Security
- Click Change your password and follow the instructions to finish
If you forget your username or password, call the NDSU IT Help Desk at 231-8685 (option 1) or bring your student ID card to the Help Desk in Quentin Burdick Building 150.