OneDrive for Business at NDSU
OneDrive for Business at NDSU is a personal library intended for storing and organizing your files and documents. This product is integrated into Office 365 and can be accessed from both on and off campus by students, faculty and staff. OneDrive for Business gives the you the ability to sync your data to the cloud and also share the data with others.
For ITS-managed computers, NDSU Desktop Support requires that you run Microsoft Office 2013 or use the Office 365 Web portal.
- Maximum of 20,000 folder and file items
- Maximum single file size of 2GB
- Maximum file name length of 128 characters
- Maximum folder name length of 250 characters
- Folder name and file name combinations can have up to 250 characters
- Following characters are not supported in file or folder names: | ? : * ? " < > | # %
*other restrictions apply
OneDrive for Business Sync
OneDrive for Business has a feature that will allow you to synchronize some of the files on your PC with the cloud. This sync process does provide some form of data backup** and allows you access your files from a non-NDSU computer.
- Files added to your OneDrive folder are automatically synchronized
- Files are accessible from home
- Files can be shared with others (see Collaboration)
- Files that are deleted are saved and recoverable for up to 14 days in the cloud - they are also saved in the Trash on the local computer
- Files are accessible on Mac, however there is no auto-sync option.
- On both PC and Mac, you can edit office documents in the cloud without having Office installed on the local computer.
OneDrive for Business Collaborate
OneDrive for Business has a feature that will allow you to collaborate with other NDSU users. The collaboration allows for sharing of specific files or folder contents with individual or groups.
- Relatively simple setup through the Office 365 Web portal
- People with whom you share files/folders are notified automatically via email
- Can be used in conjunction with the sync feature