OneDrive for Business at NDSU
OneDrive for Business at NDSU is a personal library intended for storing and organizing your files and documents. This product is integrated into Office 365 and can be accessed from both on and off campus by students, faculty and staff. OneDrive for Business gives the you the ability to sync your data to the cloud and also share the data with others.
OneDrive for Business Sync
OneDrive for Business has a feature that will allow you to synchronize some of the files on your PC with the cloud. This sync process does provide some form of data backup** and allows you access your files from a non-NDSU computer.
- Files added to your OneDrive folder are automatically synchronized
- Files are accessible from home
- Files can be shared with others (see Collaboration)
- Files that are deleted are saved and recoverable for up to 14 days in the cloud - they are also saved in the Trash on the local computer
- Files are accessible on Mac, however there is no auto-sync option.
- On both PC and Mac, you can edit office documents in the cloud without having Office installed on the local computer.
OneDrive for Business Collaborate
OneDrive for Business has a feature that will allow you to collaborate with other NDSU users. The collaboration allows for sharing of specific files or folder contents with individual or groups.
- Relatively simple setup through the Office 365 Web portal
- People with whom you share files/folders are notified automatically via email
- Can be used in conjunction with the sync feature
OneDrive for Business Issues
Restrictions and limitations when you sync files and folders can be found here