Microsoft Online Meeting using Lync
Online Meeting (Lync)
Start an unscheduled online meeting
You can start an unscheduled online meeting or conference call in Lync Online by using the Meet Now command, or by selecting contacts, right-clicking them, and then choosing the type of interaction you want.
Start an unscheduled meeting by using Meet Now
To start an unscheduled meeting by using the Meet Now command, follow these steps.
1. In the Lync Online Menu Bar, click Meet Now.
· In the Group Conversation window, click the People Options menu, and then do one of the following:
Click Invite by Name or Phone Number, and then choose participants from your Contacts list.
· Click Invite by Email, and then fill out the meeting invitation and set meeting options as appropriate.
When you choose Invite by Name or Phone Number, participants receive a desktop alert that allows them to join the meeting. When you choose Invite by Email, participants can join the meeting as soon as they receive the invitation and click on the join link.
Start an unscheduled meeting by selecting contacts
To start an unscheduled meeting from your Contacts list, follow these steps.
1. In the Lync Online main window, in the Contacts list, select one or more contacts by holding down the CTRL key, and then clicking the contacts you want.
2. Right-click the selected contacts, and then click one of the following: Send an Instant Message, Start a Conference Call, Start a Video Call, or Share.
Note Dial-in audio conferencing might not be available from your audio conferencing provider when starting unscheduled meetings in this way. Only computer audio can be used for the conference.