New Box View/Blackboard Upgrade - December 2017
This update introduced a new inline grading service in assignments known as New Box View to replace the previous Crocodoc service. This update also fixed several reported bugs, including the scroll bar that displayed previously in the middle of the rightmost Grade Center column. No new features were introduced with this upgrade.
Contact the IT Help Desk at 701-231-8685 or email@example.com if you have questions or need assistance.
Upcoming Blackboard Migration
NDSU's Blackboard learning management system will be moved to a single Blackboard service for all 11 N.D. University System campuses.
May 2018 has been identified as a tentative date for NDSU's move into the consolidated Blackboard system. Visit the Blackboard Migration page for the latest updates.
What is Blackboard?
Blackboard is an online course management system that allows professors to post grades, information, and assignments.
In Blackboard, students can:
- Retrieve course documents
- Turn in assignments
- Take quizzes and tests
- Communicate with their instructors and other students
- Check their grades
- Participate in Discussions and post to Blogs, Journals, and Wikis
Get Help with Blackboard:
- Login to Blackboard - click the Bb Help tab at the top-right side of the screen
- Open Blackboard's Help from any course:
- Instructors - click Help at the bottom of the Control Panel menu
- Students - click Tools | Blackboard Help for Students
- Call the IT Help Desk at (701) 231-8685
- Submit a Help Ticket via an online form
- Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Twitter (ndsuis)
Resources and Tutorials
- How Do I Log In to Blackboard?
- Quick Start Videos for Faculty (New!)
- Quick Start Videos for Students
- Create Courses (Instructors)
- Adding a Course Banner
- Master/Child (combined) Courses
- Request Organization