Updated Information: Blackboard upgrade, outage Dec. 26-28
The Blackboard upgrade and outage has been moved to Dec. 26-28.
Blackboard will be unavailable 5 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 26, until noon Thursday, Dec. 28. The Blackboard Manager application used to activate, copy and merge courses also will be unavailable.
Initially, we had planned upgrade to the most recent version of Blackboard; however, we will update our current version of Blackboard instead at this time to include a new inline grading tool to replace "Crocodoc." This update also fixes several reported bugs, including the scroll bar that currently displays in the middle of the rightmost Grade Center column. No new features will be introduced at this time.
When scheduling the December upgrade, we took into account which dates would be least disruptive for students and faculty. While the outage is scheduled to last until noon Thursday, Blackboard may become available as early Wednesday afternoon.
Contact the IT Help Desk at 701-231-8685 or email@example.com if you have questions or need assistance.
Upcoming Blackboard Migration
NDSU's Blackboard learning management system will be moved to a single Blackboard service for all 11 N.D. University System campuses.
May 2018 has been identified as a tentative date for NDSU's move into the consolidated Blackboard system. Visit the Blackboard Migration page for the latest updates.
What is Blackboard?
Blackboard is an online course management system that allows professors to post grades, information, and assignments.
In Blackboard, students can:
- Retrieve course documents
- Turn in assignments
- Take quizzes and tests
- Communicate with their instructors and other students
- Check their grades
- Participate in Discussions and post to Blogs, Journals, and Wikis
Get Help with Blackboard:
- Login to Blackboard - click the Bb Help tab at the top-right side of the screen
- Open Blackboard's Help from any course:
- Instructors - click Help at the bottom of the Control Panel menu
- Students - click Tools | Blackboard Help for Students
- Call the IT Help Desk at (701) 231-8685
- Submit a Help Ticket via an online form
- Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Twitter (ndsuis)
Resources and Tutorials
- How Do I Log In to Blackboard?
- Quick Start Videos for Faculty (New!)
- Quick Start Videos for Students
- Create Courses (Instructors)
- Adding a Course Banner
- Master/Child (combined) Courses
- Request Organization