Blackboard Upgrade Information
Blackboard will be unavailable 4 p.m. Friday, June 29, until 4 p.m. Sunday, July 1 while we upgrade Blackboard to the most recent version. The Blackboard Manager utility, which is used to create, copy and merge courses in Blackboard will also be unavailable.
When scheduling this upgrade, we took into account which dates would be least disruptive for students and faculty. While the outage is scheduled to last until Sunday afternoon, Blackboard may become available as early as late Saturday, June 30.
The upgrade will add several new features and Grade Center improvements, and resolve some reported bugs in Blackboard.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Inline Assignment Grading - New Box View (formerly Crocodoc)
A new inline grading service in assignments known as New Box View replaced the previous Crocodoc service in December, 2017.
Blackboard has made several changes to New Box View since the original version, and additional New Box View improvements continue to be added as quickly as possible.
Contact the IT Help Desk at 701-231-8685 or email@example.com if you have questions or need assistance.
What is Blackboard?
Blackboard is an online learning management system (LMS) that allows instructors to communicate with students, post grades, information, and assignments and tests.
In Blackboard, students can:
- Retrieve course documents
- Turn in assignments
- Take quizzes and tests
- Communicate with their instructors and other students
- Check their grades
- Participate in Discussions and post to Blogs, Journals, and Wikis
Get Help with Blackboard
- Login to Blackboard - click the Bb Help tab at the top-right side of the screen
- Open Blackboard's Help from any course:
- Instructors - click Help at the bottom of the Control Panel menu
- Students - click Tools | Blackboard Help for Students
- Call the IT Help Desk at (701) 231-8685
- Submit a Help Ticket via an online form
- Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Twitter (ndsuis)
Resources and Tutorials
- How Do I Log In to Blackboard?
- Quick Start Videos for Faculty (New!)
- Quick Start Videos for Students
- Create Courses (Instructors)
- Adding a Course Banner
- Master/Child (combined) Courses
- Request Organization