Resources and Tutorials
- How Do I Log In to Blackboard?
- Bb Quick Start (Faculty)
- Bb Quick Start (Students)
- Create Courses (Instructors)
- Adding a Course Banner
- Master/Child (combined) Courses
- Request Organization
Journals in Blackboard
What is a Journal?
A journal is an online diary which contains entries that normally only the individual student and the instructor can access. The privacy factor and the separate individual entries makes the journal different from a blog or a wiki. Journals are also indexed weekly or monthly.
How do I get Started?
- Creating and Grading a Journal - Video tutorial
- Creating a Journal - Written tutorial
- Commenting in a Journal - Video tutorial
Why use a Journal?
Journals have two prime uses - as a personal writing space and as a private communication tool with the instructor. The most common use of a journal is as a private diary to share and store personal reflections. When the journal is embedded in Blackboard, participants can find it easily and the grades are automatically entered into the Bb Grade Center. It is also shielded from the outside world, which can be considered both a plus and a minus.