Resources and Tutorials
- How Do I Log In to Blackboard?
- Quick Start Videos for Faculty (New!)
- Quick Start Videos for Students
- Create Courses (Instructors)
- Adding a Course Banner
- Master/Child (combined) Courses
- Request Organization
The Blackboard Rubrics Tool
A rubric is an assessment tool listing evaluation criteria for an assignment. A rubric divides the assigned work into parts and provides clear descriptions of the characteristics of the work associated with each part, at varying levels of skill.
Instructors can use the rubric to communicate the assignment requirements and acceptable performance standards and rubrics can help ensure consistent and impartial grading. Students can use the rubric to organize their efforts to meet the requirements of the assignment, and instructors can use them to explain their evaluations to the student.
Rubrics are made up of rows and columns. The rows correspond to the various criteria of an assignment. The columns correspond to the level of achievement expressed for each criterion. A description and point value for each cell in the rubric defines the evaluation and score of an assignment. Instructors can create as many rubrics as needed, and rubrics can be re-used multiple times in the same course or exported and imported into other courses.
- Using Rubrics (HTML - Blackboard Help)
- How to Create a Rubric for Grading Student Work (YouTube video)
- How to Grade Using a Rubric (YouTube video)