Inline Grading in Assignments - the New Box View Service
The Blackboard update includes a new inline grading service known as New Box View which replaces the previous "Crocodoc" inline grading service in Blackboard assignments.
Inline grading allows an instructor to view and add feedback to a document directly within the assignment grading interface, without downloading or modifying the content of the document.
No other new features have been introduced with this update.
New Box View will be turned on after 10 pm, Sunday, December 31. Until that time the Crocodoc service is still available in assignments.
- Grade Center vertical scroll bar - displays correctly against the right side of the Grade Center window.
- Discussion Board "Subscription" option - students and instructors who opt to Subscribe to a forum will once again receive email notifications when new posts are added to the forum.
- Paragraph breaks - display with the correct amount of white space in both the text editor and when the text is viewed by users.
- Repositioning Grade Center columns - all users should once again be able to drag and drop all Grade Center columns to reposition them in Manage > Column Organization.
- Consistent decimal place support - All grade columns in the Grade Center, My Grades and in downloaded files support up to 5 decimals, are not rounded, and are consistent for Score and percentage display types.
New Issues and Solutions
- Scores entered as zero display a negative sign (-0) - negative zero scores DO NOT impact grade calculations in any way, but display in both My Grades (students) and the Grade Center (instructors).
- My Grades (students) displays 5 decimal places - instructors see 2 decimal places in the Grade Center (i.e. instructor sees 5.00 - student sees 5.00000)
- Files not displayed immediately in New Box View (inline grading) - supported file types should open immediately when grading an assignment. If a file download button with a conversion time listed appears instead, click the browser Refresh or Reload button to force the file to render immediately.
Want to Learn More?
Current Upgrade Resources and Tutorials:
Past Upgrade Resources and Tutorials