Want to Learn More?
What's New -- What's Changed?
New Global Navigation Menu
- One-click access to key information, resources, and things needing attention from across all of Blackboard
- Entry point to the new My Blackboard Tools
New My Blackboard Tools
- Posts - Aggregates posts and comments from Discussion Boards, Blogs, Journals and Wikis from all of your courses and organizations as they happen. You can read and respond to posts directly from one location. You no longer have to enter each course to check each item for updates!
- Updates - Consolidates updated notification information in one place (Announcements, Content Updates, etc.) - you'll be able to quickly see when something has changed or needs your attention! Updates can be filtered by each user for easier management of information
My Grades (Students Only) - Consolidates all grades across all courses in one place. Students can quickly see the latest grades received along with additional detail like instructor feedback and class averages if the instructor makes it available. Grades are viewable by date or by course. Students can also see any assignments and/or quizzes or tests that have been submitted or are upcoming for each course
New Content Editor (replaces the previous Visual Text Box Editor)
Anywhere any kind of content can be edited in Blackboard by both instructors and students (content items, test questions, discussion board posts, wikis, blogs, journals, etc.), the new and improved Content Editor allows simple content creation in an easy to use interface.
- Reads, writes and renders modern HTML. All of the same essential functions are still there, along with some enhanced new editing capabilities.
- Fixes previous problems with copying and pasting content from Microsoft Word - additional steps are no longer necessary and content won't 'break' mysteriously!
- Content Editor text box can be expanded to a full page when you need additional space to add content.
- Includes a new math editor using mathML that simplifies writing equations in Blackboard - allows saving and copy/paste of equations using mathML.
Item Analysis (Instructors Only)
This new feature helps you easily refine your tests and quizzes by evaluating the quality and validity of each question and that question's ability to discriminate between students who understand the material and those who don't. Ineffective questions can be easily identified and then quickly corrected with the Automatic Regrade feature (New to the July 2012 Blackboard upgrade).
You'll be able to access an at-a-glance summary of your Blackboard assessments. When you scroll down the summary page, you can see a list of questions sorted in order of discrimination - with the most ineffective listed on top. A red dot next to a question indicates the question needs to be reviewed.
File Picker Enhancements
A new and improved File Picker will be available everywhere you attach files (students and instructors) when you choose "Browse Content Collection" which makes choosing a file as easy and simple as possible.
Fill in the Blank Question Enhancement
You no longer have to rely on an exact match in Fill in the Blank Questions for Blackboard to automatically grade student responses as correct and you no longer have to enter multiple answer choices when creating these questions. Instructors can now select "contains" and "pattern match" logic as well as exact match when creating the question and correct answers.