Resources and Tutorials
- How Do I Log In to Blackboard?
- Quick Start Videos for Faculty (New!)
- Quick Start Videos for Students
- Create Courses (Instructors)
- Adding a Course Banner
- Master/Child (combined) Courses
- Request Organization
Wikis in Blackboard
What is a Wiki?
A Wiki is a Web page(s) where people can work collaboratively. The most common example is Wikipedia, the online encyclopedia that allows anyone in the world to contribute content to it. What makes a wiki unique is that multiple participants can edit the same page, and everyone can view it. The instructor can access the Wiki content and collaborate, too.
Why use a Bb Wiki?
- Allow groups to coordinate projects easily without the usual scheduling hassles of meeting in person.
- Let the whole class access create/complete a study guide for the next test.
- When the Wiki is embedded in Blackboard, participants can find it easily and the grades are automatically entered into the Bb Grade Center. It is also shielded from the outside world, which can be considered both a plus and a minus.