Resources and Tutorials
- How Do I Log In Blackboard?
- Create Courses (Instructors)
- Master/Child (combined) Courses
- "Really Quick-Start"
- Quick-Start for Students
- Request Organization
The Blackboard Grade Center
What is the Grade Center?
The Blackboard Grade Center is more than just a way to record students’ grades!
You can use the Grade Center to:
- Enter and record student grades
- Let Blackboard calculate grades for you!
- Monitor individual student progress and/or the class progress as a whole
- Communicate quickly with students via e-mail from the Grade Center
- Automatically post course grades so each student can view their grades via the Blackboard My Grades tool
- View individual student grade history for all items in the course
- Print customized reports of student progress
Why use Grade Center?
From the Grade Center you can quickly record and manage students' grades for assignments, tests, discussion board posts, wikis, blogs, journals, attendance, projects, and anything else you use to grade student performance.
- Grade Center Tips and Tricks - PDF
- Fixing Common Problems with the Total Column
- Getting Started with the Grade Center - PDF
- Customizing the Grade Center View (Hide/Unhide Columns - Instructor View) (1:54) - Video Tutorial
- Hide/Unhide Columns from My Grades - the Student View (2:00) - Video Tutorial
- Creating Smart Views (3:27) - Video Tutorial
- Color Coding the Grade Center (2:49) - Video Tutorial
- Viewing Grade Details (to view Attempts, assign Grades and view Grade History) (2:09) - Video Tutorial
- Anonymous Grading (2:07) - Video Tutorial
- Creating Grading Notes (1:39) - Video Tutorial
- Creating a Grade Center Report (2:58) - Video Tutorial
- Creating a Grading Rubric (3:07) - YouTubeVideo
- Grading Tests/Quizzes Question by Question (2:13) - Video Tutorial
- Viewing and Downloading the Grade History (1:32) - Video Tutorial
- Working Offline with the Grade Center (Download/Upload Grades for Spreadsheet Use) (3:45) - Video Tutorial
- Student view of the Grade Center - PDF
- Student view of Blackboard Test Grades - PDF