Resources and Tutorials
- How Do I Log In to Blackboard?
- Quick Start Videos for Faculty
- Quick Start Videos for Students (New!)
- Create Courses (Instructors)
- Adding a Course Banner
- Master/Child (combined) Courses
- Request Organization
Logging into Blackboard
All NDSU faculty, staff and students automatically have a Blackboard account at NDSU.
New faculty, staff, and students must activate their NDSU electronic services (accounts) before they can login to Blackboard for the first time. Please note that new faculty, staff and students must also activate their North Dakota University System account to be able to access Campus Connection, their NDSU email account and other University System services.
Once you have activated your NDSU electronic services, use the same login name (user name) and passphrase to login to Blackboard that you use to login to NDSU cluster computers (computer labs) and classroom teaching computers in instrumented classrooms. The passphrase for your NDSU services may be different than for your NDUS (University System) passphrase.
How do I log in?
- Go to the NDSU home page at www.ndsu.edu . Choose Online Services from the menu at the bottom of the screen and click Blackboard - OR - go directly to the Blackboard login page at www.ndsu.edu/blackboard
- This login page appears:
Enter your NDSU username and passphrase into the blanks provided and choose Login. (Your username is some version of your firstname.lastname)
- To manage your NDSU account (change your passphrase, recover your passphrase, or set up email and phone (SMS) recovery options and notifications) visit www.ndsu.edu/its/account_management/
- Note that important system announcements appear at the bottom of the screen, and that people without NDSU logins can view the Course Catalog and/or Preview courses as a Guest
What if I can't log in?
Please contact the IT Help Desk for help with login problems.
- Via phone: (701) 231 8685
- In person: IT Help Desk locations at QBB 150A, Barry Hall 270, Library Main Floor