Resources and Tutorials
- How Do I Log In to Blackboard?
- Quick Start Videos for Faculty (New!)
- Quick Start Videos for Students
- Create Courses (Instructors)
- Adding a Course Banner
- Master/Child (combined) Courses
- Request Organization
Logging into Blackboard
All NDSU faculty, staff and students automatically have a Blackboard login once they have activated their electronic services at NDSU.
To login to Blackboard use the same login name (user name) and passphrase you use to login to cluster computers and classroom teaching computers in instrumented classrooms.
New faculty, staff, and students must activate their electronic services (accounts) at NDSU before they can use them for the first time. Please visit the Get Started page for assistance, or contact the IT Help Desk directly.
How do I log in?
- Go to the NDSU home page at www.ndsu.edu . Choose Online Services from the menu at the bottom of the screen and click Blackboard - OR - go directly to the Blackboard login page at www.ndsu.edu/blackboard
- This login page appears:
Enter your NDSU username and passphrase into the blanks provided and choose Login. (Your username is some version of your firstname.lastname)
- To manage your NDSU account (change your passphrase, recover your passphrase, or set up email and phone (SMS) recovery options and notifications) visit www.ndsu.edu/its/account_management/
- Note that important system announcements appear at the bottom of the screen, and that people without NDSU logins can view the Course Catalog and/or Preview courses as a Guest
What if I can't log in?
Please contact the IT Help Desk for help with login problems.
- Via phone: (701) 231 8685
- In person: IT Help Desk locations at QBB 150A, Barry Hall 270, Library Main Floor