Resources and Tutorials
- Logging into Bb
- New Interface
- Create Your Courses
- "Really Quick-Start"
- Quick-Start for Students
- Request Organization
- Blackboard Rubrics
- Tests / Surveys / Pools
- SafeAssign (Anti-Plagiarism)
- Grade Center (Instructors)
- My Grades (Students)
What is SafeAssign?
SafeAssign™ is a plagiarism prevention service available via Blackboard. SafeAssign helps instructors detect and/or prevent plagiarism by detecting unoriginal content in student papers.
SafeAssign can be used in two ways.
- The SafeAssign tool is now integrated directly into the existing Assignment tool in Blakcboard to make it easier for instructors to create, edit, and grade SafeAssignments while taking advantage of the same options available with Assignments -- students can be allowed multiple attempts and attach multiple files to a SafeAssignment, and instructors can now use the inline grading tools (annotation), attach Blackboard rubrics, and create group assignments while allowing SafeAssign to check for plagiarism.
As students submit papers, they are checked against SafeAssign's comprehensive databases of source material. The papers will then be delivered to instructors through the Blackboard Grade Center, together with the originality reports showing the results of the matching process attached to them.
- Instructors may upload papers directly with the Direct Submit feature, without student involvement.
SafeAssign checks all submitted papers against the following databases:
- Internet - comprehensive index of documents available for public access on the Internet
- ProQuest ABI/Inform database with over 1,100 publication titles and about 2.6 million articles from '90s to present time, updated weekly (exclusive access)
- Institutional document archives containing all papers submitted to SafeAssign by users in their respective institutions
- Global Reference Database containing papers that were volunteered by students from Blackboard client institutions to help prevent cross-institutional plagiarism.
SafeAssign generates an Originality Report containing the results of the Matching process.