Student Blackboard Resources
- Blackboard is a web-based course management system designed to allow students and faculty to participate in classes delivered online or using online materials and activities to complement teaching and learning in face-to-face classes.
- Quick Start Videos for Students
- Student Quick Start Guide
How Do I Login to Blackboard?
- All NDSU enrolled students are automatically assigned a Blackboard login. Blackboard uses the same login credentials (normally firstname.lastname) and passphrase you use to login to Campus Connection and other NDUS electronic services such as Email.
- You MUST activate your NDUS electronic identity before you can login to Blackboard the first time:
- Once you've activated your account, click the "Current Students" tab at the top of the NDSU home page and choose whichever student type applies to you and click on the "Blackboard" link at the top of the page or go directly to the NDUS Blackboard Home Page and enter your NDUS username and passphrase to login.
- You'll see a list of your courses in the Courses tab on the Home page and/or in the Course List on the Courses page. Click a course link to enter the course.
- If you don't see a course you've registered for listed in Blackboard, click the My NDSU tab and click NDSU Course Activation to learn how to check the Blackboard course status.
How to communicate via Blackboard
- Many instructors use Blackboard Announcements to communicate with students. Most Blackboard courses automatically display the Announcements page when you open the course and have an Announcements link in the course menu on the left side of the screen.
How to access course materials
- Click the links in the course menu on the left to get the documents and other information you need.
How to submit assignments
NOTE: After you submit an assignment in Blackboard you should see a submission receipt notice at the top of the assignment screen and you will receive an assignment submission receipt via your NDSU email.
If you do not see this assignment submission receipt information, the assignment has not been submitted successfully in Blackboard. You should keep the assignment submission receipt details as proof you successfully submitted the assignment!
How to take Blackboard tests
How to view your instructor's comments and feedback on assignments and tests
Respondus Lockdown Browser - a special browser for taking some Blackboard tests
Some instructors may require that you use Respondus LockDown Browser instead of a standard browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) to take tests or quizzes in Blackboard.
If you see "Requires Respondus LockDown Browser" in the test or quiz title, you must open the Respondus LockDown Browser application to take the test -- you won't be able to use the browser you normally use!
Respondus LockDown Browser is installed on all of the computers in the public computer clusters at NDSU. Respondus LockDown Browser is also available for free download to your own computer (Windows and Macintosh).
NOTE: You cannot download Respondus LockDown Browser from any other source - you must download it from NDSU's Respondus LockDown Browser page.