Activating Your Student Blackboard Account
How to Get Started on Blackboard as a Student
If you are a new NDSU student and have registered for an NDSU class, you have automatically received a Blackboard account, but you need to activate it to be able to use it.
How to activate a new Blackboard account:
- Go to http://enroll.nodak.edu
- Follow the instructions on the screen to get logged in as a first time visitor.
- You will take a short online quiz about responsible use of campus computers.
- You will be asked whether you want to use NDSU e-mail or have your NDSU e-mail sent automatically to a different e-mail address, like Yahoo! or a different institution's.
- You will be asked to set your NDSU password according to particular rules.
- When you are finished with this, you will have a login (usually your first name followed by a period and your last name) and a new password. They are the login/password you will use for Blackboard, logging into any cluster machine, and for NDSU e-mail.
- If you experience problems with your NDSU login, please contact the IT Help Desk at 231-8685 or by visiting them in IACC room 150 to get help (a picture ID is required).
Once a student has the NDSU account activated, he/she can go to http://bb.ndsu.nodak.edu or take any Blackboard link from the main NDSU Web pages to access Blackboard. Once you log into Blackboard, you'll see a list of your courses in the "My Courses" module on the screen. Please note that not all faculty use Blackboard, the but majority do. If you don't see the course listed under "My Courses," it might be because the teacher doesn't use Blackboard.
Please report any Blackboard problems you encounter to the Blackboard support team at email@example.com or contact the IT Help Desk at 231-8685.