LockDown Browser Solutions
Test Timer and Covered Question Text Issues
Due to a Blackboard system upgrade at NDSU in December, 2013, students using an outdated version of Respondus LockDown Browser won't see the Test Timer displayed during timed tests or quizzes, and the Save Answer button may cover part of the text in long questions.
Students must download and install the updated version of LockDown browser from the link below BEFORE starting the test or quiz to resolve this issue!
- Go to http://www.ndsu.edu/its/instructional_services/lockdown_browser - (click “Respondus LockDown Browser for NDSU”) to get the correct version
- LockDown Browser must be downloaded from a URL which is unique to each university and changes periodically as new software versions are necessary
Students who have downloaded LockDown Browser from an outdated URL or from a location not specific to NDSU may not be able to open LockDown Browser to complete a quiz or test that requires it.
Instructors have distributed links to download outdated versions of LockDown Browser to their students
- If the URL you've provided in your course for students to download and install LockDown Browser contains a number such as “pl?ID=988740422”, you may be pointing to an outdated version of LockDown Browser. Change the URL to http://www.ndsu.edu/its/instructional_services/lockdown_browser immediately and make sure your students have this corrected URL.
- Instructional Services has updated all of the PDF files that contain the URL to download LockDown Browser to include this corrected URL – feel free to attach any of these updated files to your Blackboard course!
- Students should be prompted for a password only if the instructor created a password when they enabled LockDown Browser for the test
- If a password prompt screen appears, students should wait a few seconds - the password prompt should automatically disappear
- If a student is asked to enter a password so they can't continue, and the instructor did not require one they should contact ITS Instructional Services or the IT Help Desk immediately!