What is YuJa?
Beginning with summer 2019 courses, YuJa has replaced Tegrity as our supported video and lecture capture solution. In addition to lecture capture, YuJa can be used for video management, live streaming, video conferencing and creating video quizzes. For additional information, visit www.yuja.com.
YuJa is currently available in all of your Blackboard classes for summer 2019 and beyond.
Welcome to YuJa! (1:33)
An example video recorded using YuJa
Embedded YuJa Videos in Blackboard Courses
Note: Instructors currently cannot embed YuJa videos in a Blackboard course content area using the Mashups tool due to changes to Blackboard security settings on 7/9/19. Videos embedded before 7/9/19 display correctly, unless an instructor edits the existing content item.
YuJa videos are visible to students from Tools > YuJa - NDSU if the instructor has published the video(s) to their Blackboard course channel. Watch YuJa: Embed, Publish, Link & Share to learn how to publish videos.
We are working with NDUS staff and Blackboard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. If you need to embed a YuJa video contact the ITS Help Desk at 701-231-8685 for assistance.
Learn to Use YuJa - Resources
ITS will provide video tutorials, print documentation, instructions and hands-on training. Check back here regularly for updates, information and faculty resources or contact us as questions arise.
Installing YuJa (1:26)
Basic Editing in YuJa (2:40)
YuJa Enterprise Video - Instructor Training Webinar
View the recorded webinar from May 15, 2019
Resources from YuJa
FAQ for Previous Tegrity Users
When is Tegrity going away?
The NDUS contract with Tegrity expired June 30 so Tegrity is no longer available to NDUS institutions, including NDSU. If you still see a "Tegrity Classes" link in your course menus in Blackboard this link will NOT work and should be deleted.
I see a Tegrity Classes Link in My Courses - Why Doesn't It Work?
If you copied your course content from a previous course into your new summer or fall course shells in Blackboard, the Tegrity Classes link in your course menu was also copied. You can DELETE any Tegrity Classes links. These links will not work as Tegrity is no longer available.
You will be able to access YuJa recordings and/or videos originally recorded in Tegrity when you click Tools > YuJa - NDSU OR the YuJa Content link in your course menu.
When can I start using YuJa?
You can start using Yuja any time! YuJa is available on Blackboard now as you prepare your courses for summer 2019 and beyond.
In all courses, go to Tools > YuJa - NDSU to access your existing YuJa and Tegrity recordings, record new YuJa videos and/or edit existing videos.
For new courses using the new course template you will also see a "YuJa Content" link in your left hand course menu. This course menu link should NOT be made visible to students. Students can view your published videos from the Tools > YuJa - NDSU link OR they can view YuJa videos you've embedded within the course content areas.
What happened to my Tegrity content?
All existing Tegrity recordings have been moved and converted to the YuJa format.
- If you have claimed your YuJa account, your Tegrity videos have been moved into YuJa, with the exception of some Tegrity videos which failed to convert to YuJa
- Your Tegrity content appears in one or more folders labeled with your first and last name in your YuJa Media page. This folder contains a sub-folder for each of your classes that contain Tegrity recordings and the videos pertaining to each class can be found within.
- If you have NOT yet claimed your YuJa account, ITS cannot move your Tegrity recordings into your YuJa Media page until you've done so.
- Open any Blackboard course > click Tools > YuJa - NDSU
- Once the Manage Media page appears, you've claimed your account - call the ITS Help Desk to request your Tegrity videos to be moved into your YuJa account
- If you are missing any of your previous Tegrity recordings in YuJa, please contact the IT Help Desk. We will need the Blackboard course ID (the 19x-NDSU-XXXX number) and/or term of the course the Tegrity recordings were made in and the titles of any videos you do not see in YuJa.
What do I need to do?
To make sure your Tegrity content gets to the proper place in YuJa, you will need to claim/activate your YuJa account:
- Log into the NDUS Blackboard instance and open any one of your courses where you are an Instructor.
- In the course menu on the left select "Tools".
- Browse the tools list to find "YuJa - NDSU".
- Once you select/open the "YuJa - NDSU" link, your account will be activated and linked to your NDUS username and password. You only need to do this once.