What is YuJa?
Beginning with summer 2019 courses, YuJa has replaced Tegrity as our supported video and lecture capture solution. In addition to lecture capture, YuJa can be used for video management, live streaming, video conferencing and creating video quizzes. For additional information, visit www.yuja.com.
YuJa is currently available in all of your Blackboard classes for summer 2019 and beyond.
Welcome to YuJa! (1:33)
An example video recorded using YuJa
Learn to Use YuJa - Resources
ITS will provide video tutorials, print documentation, instructions and hands-on training. Check back here regularly for updates, information and faculty resources or contact us as questions arise.
Installing YuJa (1:26)
Basic Editing in YuJa (2:40)
YuJa Enterprise Video - Instructor Training Webinar
View the recorded webinar from May 15, 2019
Resources from YuJa
FAQ for Current Tegrity Users
When is Tegrity going away?
We will continue using Tegrity through the end of spring semester 2019 on the NDSU Blackboard system. The NDUS contract with Tegrity expires June 30, but it will not be available in the NDUS Blackboard system for summer 2019 classes and beyond.
I see a Tegrity Classes Link in My Courses - Why Doesn't It Work?
If you copied your course content from a previous course into your new summer or fall course shells in Blackboard, the Tegrity Classes link in your course menu was also copied. You can DELETE any Tegrity Classes links. These links will not work as Tegrity is no longer available.
You will be able to access YuJa recordings and/or videos originally recorded in Tegrity when you click Tools > YuJa - NDSU OR the YuJa Content link in your course menu.
When can I start using YuJa?
You can start using Yuja any time! While it is not available in your spring 2019 courses, it is available on the new NDUS Blackboard instance as you prepare your courses for summer 2019 and beyond.
For new courses using the new course template you will see a link to YuJa in your left hand course menu. For all courses, you will find a link to "NDSU YuJa" on the "Tools" page.
What happens to all my Tegrity content?
A plan is underway to move all existing Tegrity content over to YuJa and to make it available to the content owner.
- In mid-April, NDUS took a "snapshot" of all NDSU Tegrity content and moved it to a dedicated server space.
- A copy of this content was sent to YuJa to be converted into a format compatible with the YuJa platform. This process has been completed as of May 15, 2019
- Once the conversion was complete, NDSU staff is working with YuJa and NDUS to deliver this content to the owners' account in YuJa.
- If you have claimed your YuJa account, your Tegrity videos have been moved into YuJa, with the exception of some Tegrity videos which failed to convert to YuJa
- Your Tegrity content appeas in one or more folders in YuJa with your first and last name. This folder contains a sub-folder for each of your classes that contain Tegrity recordings and the videos pertaining to each class can be found within.
- A second "snapshot" will be taken after the end of spring semester in order to capture any content that was added between the mid-April snapshot and the end of the semester. This content will also be converted and moved into the new YuJa system.
- If you are missing any of your previous Tegrity recordings in YuJa, please contact the IT Help Desk. We will need the Blackboard course ID (the 19x-NDSU-XXXX number) and/or term of the course the Tegrity recordings were made in and the titles of any videos you do not see in YuJa.
What do I need to do?
To make sure your Tegrity content gets to the proper place in YuJa, you will need to claim/activate your YuJa account:
- Log into the NDUS Blackboard instance and open any one of your courses where you are an Instructor.
- In the course menu on the left select "Tools".
- Browse the tools list to find "YuJa - NDSU".
- Once you select/open the "YuJa - NDSU" link, your account will be activated and linked to your NDUS username and password. You only need to do this once.