Download and Install Respondus 4.0
Download the installation file - (login to the NDSU Software Downloads Sharepoint site using your NDUS credentials)
- Save the Respondus4Campus.exe file to your computer
- Double click the Respondus4Campus.exe installation file to begin
- Choose the Setup Language > click Next
- Click Next to start the InstallShield Wizard
- Accept the license terms > click Next
- Click Next or Change to select the Destination Location
- Click Next or Change to select the Projects Folder location
- Click Install
- Click Yes to install the Respondus Equation Editor
- If you see this error message, click OK > close any other applications and try again:
- Click OK to begin the Equation Editor installation
- Uncheck the View Read Me option > click OK
- Click Finish
- Double-click the Respondus 4.0 Campus-wide icon to open Respondus
- Enter this information into the spaces provided > click License
- Click Close to dismiss the Respondus Newsletter prompt
- Select Blackboard from the drop-down list > click OK
The final step is to establish a connection with the Blackboard server.
Note: Open Internet Explorer before you create the connection to the NDSU Blackboard server initially, and each time you use Repondus to publish an exam or retrieve exam data to avoid connection errors.
Internet Explorer does NOT need to be running in the background to connect Respondus to the NDUS Blackboard Learn system.
Note: Be sure you open Internet Explorer rather than Microsoft Edge - Internet Explorer is hidden by default in Windows 10, but it is still available; use these instructions to locate Internet Explorer in Windows 10:
- Click the Windows Search button (or Cortana, if displayed) - type "Internet Explorer" in the Search box.
- Right-click the Internet Explorer Desktop app link that appears > select Pin to Start AND/OR Pin to taskbar to make it easier to find and open Internet Explorer rather than Microsoft Edge.