IMPORTANT CHANGE for Fall 2019
- NDSU students will no longer need to purchase a license for TurningPoint.
- All NDSU students will be provided with a Turning Account license to participate in classes using TurningPoint.
- Students check with your instructor to see if physical clicker is required.
- Students WITH a TurningPoint account do not have to do anything!
- NDSU faculty, your Blackboard course must be (and stay) available in order to sync your Blackboard roster to TurningPoint.
TurningPoint Polling (Clickers)
A clicker -- or student response system -- is a tool for active learning in the classroom through 100% student participation in question-and-answer sessions.
NDSU currently supports the TurningPoint 8 application and the NDSU Bookstore sells the TurningPoint QT2 clickers. The older TurningPoint clickers and the TurningPoint Mobile apps will also work in your classes.
Instructors can get a free TurningPoint instructor's kit containing instructions for using TurningPoint and a USB storage/receiver with the TurningPoint 8 application installed. If required, a student may need to purchase a clicker device or download the TurningPoint mobile app. (If instructor allows mobile use).
Instructor and Students: Search the How to Documents for detailed steps on Clickers.
Instructors: TurningPoint Classroom Channels
For Help with Clickers (TurningPoint)
Contact Learning and Applied Innovation if you have questions or are interested in using Turning Technologies clickers or mobile devices in your classes.
Contact the NDSU Bookstore for new orders so they can stock appropriately.