Mathematica is an integrated technical computing system, combining interactive calculation (both numeric and symbolic), visualization tools, and a complete programming environment.
Available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
Who can use the software
How can the software be used
- Academic (Teaching and Learning)
- Academic Research
Where can the software be used
- ITS-supported computer labs
- NDSU-owned computers
- Faculty, staff and student personal computers
Obtain the Software
Type of License
Annually renewable on August 8; unlimited licenses available
Order This Product
To order this product for installation on NDSU-owned and faculty, staff and student personal computers, follow the instructions below.
NDSU-owned computers, contact your departmental software contact to place an order.
Faculty and staff personal computers, complete and submit the Mathematica order form to request a home-use license from Wolfram.
Student personal computers:
- Create an account (new users only), using your @ndsu.edu email address
- Go to user.wolfram.com and click Create Account
- Fill out form using your @ndsu.edu email address, and then click Create Wolfram ID
- Check your NDSU email, and then click the link to validate your Wolfram ID
- Request the download and key
- Fill out the Mathematica order form to request an Activation Key
- Click the Product Summary page link to access your license
- Click Get Downloads and select Download next to your platform
- Run the installer on your machine, and enter Activation Key when prompted
Resources and Training
Information on this page is subject to change without notice. If you have questions, please contact NDSU Software Licensing at 701-231-8685 (option 4) or firstname.lastname@example.org.