We are currently accepting applications for Summer/Fall 2017 semesters.
To apply, please fill out our online application.
Email Navneet.Deosi@ndus.edu if you have any questions.
Communication and Public Relations
• Web and Social Media Communications Specialist: The Web and social media communications specialist will provide ongoing support for Web and social media communications and marketing activities of the NDSU Information Technology Division. The role will involve designing, developing, and maintaining websites and assisting with planning and implementing marketing/communication plans, events and activities. This position will have a particular focus on interactive marketing through social media and the Web, but will provide support for offline marketing efforts as well. These include writing and editing announcements and messages that will be distributed to specific operational units, the university, the university system and the larger community.
IT Help Desk
- Consultant Trainee: Under the guidance of more senior IT Help Desk staff, provide in-depth, effective, and timely technical assistance to NDSU students, staff and faculty for services offered by Information Technology Services. This assistance will be provided via telephone, walk up support and e-mail.
- Consultant: Provide in-depth, effective, and timely technical assistance to NDSU students, staff, and faculty for services offered by Information Technology Services. This assistance will be provided via telephone, walk up support and e-mail.
- Senior Consultant: Act in a supervisory and mentoring role to Help Desk Consultants (Tier 1) and Help Desk Consultant Trainee. Function as a first point of contact and supervisor of IT Help Desk student staff. Provide in-depth, effective, and timely technical assistance to NDSU/NDUS students, staff, and faculty for services offered by Information Technology Services, ConnectND and services for NDUS distance education. This assistance will be provided via telephone, walk up support and e-mail.
- Resource Supervisor: Supervise and oversee the lifecycle of IT Help Desk equipment and resources, including plotters, laptops, cameras and other resources made available to NDSU students, staff and faculty. Supervise and monitor all aspects of OMR and specialty print job processing. This includes OMR and print job tracking, maintenance and replacement of related equipment and consumables, training of IT Help Desk student staff, and ensuring billable services are handled appropriately.
- Help Desk Student Manager : Assist in the operational management of the IT Help Desk, including, but not limited to: hiring, scheduling and supervision of student employees; monitoring of IT Help Desk communications (e-mail, voice mail, and problem tickets); ensure customers receive effective, timely technical assistance with their problems; provide both end-user and internal documentation as needed; assist in the development and supervision of training for IT Help Desk students; and maintain IT Help Desk web pages. Maintain a high level of professional competency and work with the Help Desk Manager on setting short and long term goals. Other duties as assigned by the Help Desk Manager.
- Security-Software Analyst: Work in the areas of IT security and software licensing. The individual will assist with obtaining, licensing and installing computer software to help customers meet their needs. Work with the NDSU IT security team on IT security related functions as defined by NDSU policy and procedure. The individual will assist and support processes to build a university-wide (NDSU) information security strategy and vision, which includes security policies, risk management/assessment and the coordination of IT security efforts across the University.
- Software/Asset Management Assistant : Software/Asset Management Assistant is part of an IT team that assists customers in obtaining, licensing and installing computer software appropriate to their needs. Help to coordinate tasks involved with processes used to deliver, follow-up, track and troubleshoot software installations.
- Student System Administrator: Install, document, and maintain servers and the applications that run on them. Develop and maintain complex computer programs using languages such as perl, C, and SQL.
• Statistical Consultant: Statistical Consultants consult with faculty and student clients, providing statistical assistance. Statistical Consultants are expected to have a breadth of background in various areas within the discipline of Statistics. Because of this, most successful candidates are hired as PhD students although a number of advanced Masters level students have held the position through the years. There is no formal 'training' for occupants of these positions. The managing Statistician is usually available to provide guidance as needed during performance of consulting duties by the Statistical Consultant.
• Student Employment Coordinator: The Student Employment Coordinator (SEC) is responsible for overseeing the functions of STS and communicating on a regular basis with the STS management team, STS employees, and various IT Division staff. The SEC will work 20-25 hours per week, with the majority of hours worked between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. to allow for adequate communication with STS and IT personnel. The SEC will be involved in human resources activities such as recruiting, interviewing, and hiring, and will also assist with other management activities such as employee orientation and public relations.
Technical Support Services
- Classroom Technician: Classroom Technicians are student employees who help maintain the computers and multimedia equipment in the classrooms across campus and provide general support and maintenance in the campus computer labs.
- IVN Technician: Operate videoconferencing equipment for the North Dakota Interactive Video Network (IVN) during an IVN event or class.
Technology Learning and Media Center
- Learning Assistant: In the TLMC lab: Assist students on a walk-in or by-appointment basis, with technology-related course work and projects, including multimedia projects. In the IACC clusters: Provide short-term software assistance, troubleshoot problems, answer questions, refer to IT Help Desk or TLMC lab when necessary, keep clusters tidy. Assist with developing tutorials and other documentation as needed.
- Media Services Assistant: The TLMC Media Services Assistants assist students, staff, and faculty on a walk-in or by-appointment basis with technology-related course work and other projects, including multimedia projects. They also assist with developing tutorials and other documentation as needed. Media Services Assistants also have the opportunity to teach technology workshops. Monitor the working condition of multimedia equipment and software, troubleshoot problems, and communicate any issues and workarounds to TLMC staff. Work with TLMC media technologies consultant and other IT media services staff to assist customers with audio and video recording, suing equipment in the IT Media Studio.
- Information Specialist: The Information Specialist will design, develop, and/or maintain the TLMC Web site and provide learning services for walk-in customers in the TLMC lab (IACC 150C). The specialist will teach TLMC workshops on topics related to Web development and other topics, as assigned.
- Graphics Specialist: The graphics specialist will provide graphic design services for projects and marketing activities for the NDSU campus, with priority given to departments within the Information Technology Division. The role will involve creating posters, publications, and other media, for both print and digital production. In addition, this employee will develop and teach Adobe workshops and work as a learning assistant in the TLMC lab, as needed. The ideal candidate for this position will be a creative, flexible individual with strong graphic design and layout skills.
- Workshop Coordinator: The student workshop coordinator will assist the TLMC manager with all aspects of the TLMC workshops for NDSU students, including scheduling, advertising, and maintaining the registration system. In addition, the coordinator will oversee and assist with creating, updating, and reviewing workshop materials; scheduling and attending practice sessions for workshop leaders; and teaching and assisting with general workshops as well as workshops requested by instructors who assign technology-intensive class projects.
- TLMC Supervisor: The TLMC supervisor assists the TLMC full time staff with overseeing the daily operations of the TLMC lab; supervising TLMC learning assistants, especially during night and weekend hours; orientating and training new TLMC learning assistants; monitoring the TLMC computers; ongoing training and communicating with the TLMC student employees; and developing tutorials and other documentation, as needed. The TLMC supervisor must be willing and able to work weekend and evening hours.
Enterprise Application Development Group
- Web Application Programmer: A Web Application Programmer will be responsible for coding, testing, documenting, and maintaining Web applications within a prescribed application framework. All programming will be done under the supervision of a project engineer. The project engineer will ensure that the programmer's work meets the NDSU client department's needs. Applicants must have the ability to learn and adopt new programming techniques and application frameworks quickly in order to work productively under a project engineer. The position provides deep technical expertise in the development and support of Web applications.
- Web Front-end Programmer: A Web Front-end Programmer will be responsible for coding, testing, documenting, and maintaining Web applications within a prescribed application framework. All programming will be done under the supervision of a project engineer. The project engineer will ensure that the programmer's work meets the NDSU client department's needs. Applicants must have the ability to learn and adopt new programming techniques and application frameworks quickly in order to work productively under a project engineer. The position provides deep technical expertise in the development and support of Web applications.