Information Technology Security Analyst
Hours/week: Minimum of 15 hours per week - Must be able to work during 8-5 hours
Starting wage: $10.35/hour
Reports to: Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) or their designee
Start date: Immediately – open until filled
Last updated: 9/4/2015
General Description of Position: Work with the NDSU IT security team on IT security related functions as defined by NDSU policy and procedure. The individual will assist with and support processes to build a university-wide (NDSU) information security strategy and vision, which includes security policies, risk management/assessment and the coordination of IT security efforts across the University.
Under the direction of the CISO and the NDSU IT security team you will:
- Learn and implement information security strategies, policies, and procedures
- Develop experience with network security and vulnerability assessments, security education, risk analysis and compliance testing.
- Monitor and inform on IT security issues related to the NDSU systems and workflow to ensure IT security policy and procedure are being followed and met.
- Assist with forensic investigations, learn and understand how to implement and conduct an investigation.
- Under supervised direction, perform security assessments and evaluations, IT audits and assessment for compliance with policies and procedures; track progress, communicating thoroughly status, and issues.
- Promote user security awareness, stay current with training, education, and awareness as related to industry current IT security practices and initiatives.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining standards and best practices as technology evolves; communicate and encourage adoption us practices across the campus technical community.
- Deal confidentially with sensitive situations and information.
- Participate in committees, focus groups, and staff meetings as assigned.
- Investigate and evaluate new technologies and techniques to promote use of technology within NDSU IT security.
Minimum Qualifications for Employment:
- Major Field of study or degree emphasis: Computer science, Management of Information Systems, Criminal Justice, or equivalent experience and knowledge in related field of work.
- Strong technical background pertaining to software and hardware technologies.
- Understand advanced networking protocols and technologies.
- Familiar with risks and opportunities of IT security vulnerabilities and threats.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service, team environment, and diversity.
- Candidates selected will be subject to criminal and character background check.
Preferred Qualifications for Employment:
- Graduate course level
- IT security metrics, methodology, and knowledge
- General knowledge of federal and state laws regarding privacy and security of protected data.