Software/Asset Management Assistant
Hours/week: minimum 15 hours Must be able to work during regular business hours of 8-5
Starting wage: $9.20/hour
Reports to: Software Licensing Coordinator, Chief Information Security Officer
Last updated: 9/4/2015
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of an IT team that assists customers in obtaining, licensing and installing computer software appropriate to their needs. Help to coordinate tasks involved with processes used to deliver, follow-up, track and troubleshoot software installations. Work and learn from knowledgeable professionals as you assist with a variety of activities in fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist NDSU students, staff, and faculty with installation of certain software packages.
- Provide assistance to customers for check-in and check-out of software using the WASP inventory system.
- Assist with daily and fiscal year-end inventory processes through data entry.
- Perform hands-on hardware inventory - check physical location and update inventory database.
- Create DVDs, CDs using a media burning station.
- Update and maintain NDSU software website.
- Assist with special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for Employment:
- Familiarity with computers & peripherals.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite programs especially MS Excel.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to learn quickly, and adapt to a fast-paced work environment.
Preferred Qualifications for Employment:
- Technical knowledge related to a variety of software programs
- Available to work over summer