Student Systems Administrator
Hours per Week: 20
Starting Wage: Depends on experience/hourly
Reports to: Enterprise Systems Manager
Last updated: 9/4/2015
The student systems administrator is responsible for the administration of Linux and Windows servers and the applications that run on them. Services provided include web hosting, content management, directory services, backup, printing, file storage, learning management, and document imaging. The student systems administrator will automate system administration tasks using scripting languages and Puppet, compile and analyze service metrics, and troubleshoot problems at the hardware, operating system, and application levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, document, and maintain servers and the applications that run on them.
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for Employment:
- Experience managing servers running the Linux operating system
- Knowledge of a scripting language (e.g. Perl, bash, Python, etc.)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Current NDSU enrolled student
Preferred Qualifications for Employment:
- Experience managing servers running Windows Server 2003/2008(R2)/2012
- Familiarity with server virtualization
- Knowledge of SQL
- Ability to work independently
Required Application Materials:
- STS Application
- Cover letter highlighting expereince and qualifications