Through the Technology Equipment Checkout service, students, faculty and staff can reserve equipment for free to assist in completing coursework and other academic and research projects.
Reserve the equipment online. Then stop by the IT Help Desk with your NDSU ID card to pick it up.
Available equipment includes:
- DSLR Cameras
- HD and 4K Camcorders
- GoPro Cameras
- Go to the Technology Equipment Checkout reservation system, and then log in with your NDSU Electronic ID and password
- Within the Booking Wizard, choose the type of equipment to reserve
- After choosing a type, there are several options including various models and properties of those models
- Choose your model
- Choose your reservation start date
- Choose your duration
- Click Search
- Choose one of the available models and click Book Now
- Click Confirm after validating your reservation information
- Accept the Terms and Conditions by entering your NDSU Electronic ID password and clicking Verify
- Click Accept
- Click on My Bookings to view current reservations
Frequently Asked Questions
Who may use the service?
NDSU students, faculty and staff can check out equipment at no cost from the IT Help Desk.
How long may I keep a piece of equipment?
Equipment is available for 72 hours.
What if I need a piece of equipment longer than my reservation?
Please contact the IT Help Desk at 701-231-8685 to request an extension.
Will I receive any notifications?
You will receive several emails during this process. You receive an email confirming your reservation, a reminder to retrieve your equipment, a reminder to return the equipment.
Will there be late fees if I'm not able to return a piece of equipment?
Yes, late fees will be charged per reservation at a rate of $5 after the first hour and $0.50 for each additional hour. This includes both operational and non-operational hours of the IT Help Desk.
What if my question isn't listed here?
Please refer to the Technology Equipment Checkout Policies page for our policies regarding Equipment Checkout. If your question isn't answered, please call us at 701-231-8685.
Help & Support
If you have questions or need assistance, contact the IT Help Desk.
The Technology Equipment Checkout service is available for:
Please visit the Policy page to view additional details regarding the Technology Equipment Checkout service policies.