Technology Equipment Checkout Policies
- Check out equipment is intended for educational use only to aid in projects, presentations and the delivery of academic material
- Reservations are limited to max reservation time of 72 hours (3 days)
- Users are able reserve multiple pieces of equipment at a time but are limited to one type of equipment at a time (i.e. one laptop and one camera)
- Please call or email the IT Help Desk if you need an exception to these limits
- Users must present a valid NDSU ID card at the time of equipment checkout
- If your reserved equipment is not available at your reservation time, a replacement will be provided if available
- Reserved equipment will only be checked out the user whose name appears on the reservation unless arrangements are made with the IT Help Desk in advance
- Users verify they agree to the terms and conditions, including the late fee policy, of the reservation when verifying their password when creating the reservation
- Equipment must be returned in the same cosmetic and functional state that it was in when checked out
- All equipment accessories (memory cards, cables, manuals, etc.) must be returned with the equipment and in the same cosmetic and functional state that it was in when checked out
- Equipment must be returned at the same location it was checked out unless stated otherwise.
Late and Damaged Equipment Policies:
- Equipment that is returned after the scheduled return time is considered late. Late equipment is subject to late fees and possible loss of equipment privileges.
- Late fees start to incur one hour after the scheduled return time
- The customer is responsible for equipment that is returned damaged, as well as for missing parts or accessories that were not noted at the time of checkout. The costs associated with repair or replacement will be billed to customer's campus account.
- Late fees are charged per reservation at a rate of $5 after the first hour and $0.50 for each additional hour. This includes both operational and non-operational hours of the IT Help Desk.
- Please note that "per reservation" means that only one late fee will be charged for multiple pieces of equipment that were reserved at the same time. For example, a student who reserves both a laptop and a camera together will only be charged once if they are returned late. However, if only part of the reservation is returned, late fees will continue to accrue until the remaining equipment is returned.
- Fees for late or damaged equipment will be billed directly to the campus account of the customer (student, staff, or faculty) whose name appears on the reservation. Late fees can only be paid at NDSU One Stop or campus business office. Fees cannot be paid at the IT Help Desk.
- Late fees will be charged for up to two weeks from the original due date, at which time either the full or estimated replacement cost for the equipment will be charged to the customer.
- If equipment is returned late three times in an academic year, the user will be banned from checking out equipment for the remainder of that year.