Get Ready for Fall Semester!
Fall Semester is just around the corner -- we have several classes available that can help you use technology effectively in your courses. We've scheduled most of these sessions more than once during the next two weeks to allow you to fit them into your busy schedule!
Classes begin immediately on Wednesday, August 19 and continue through Tuesday, August 25. Our regular full semester training schedule will be available later in September.
These classes tend to fill quickly -- register now to guarantee your space! If a class is currently filled, please register on the wait list - you'll be contacted immediately via email if space becomes available later.
Contact Lorna Olsen (231-6328) firstname.lastname@example.org or Cj johnson (231-6245) email@example.com for more information.
Check out these two new classes:
- Blackboard 9.1: Master/Child (combined) Course Efficiencies
If you've merged multiple courses into one Blackboard course shell for fall this class is for you! Master/Child courses allow instructors to use the same content for multiple sections in one place so there's no need to maintain multiple courses -- however, since all of the students are included in one Master course, communication and grading can be a bit tricky if you want to work with just one class section of students at a time. Learn how to use Grade Center Smart Views and Groups to make these processes easier!
- Getting Started with TurningPoint Cloud (Clickers)
Learn to use NDSU's student response system (clickers) to engage your students. This face-to-face session is for faculty and staff who need introductory training to begin using this response system.
Other Classes Available:
- Blackboard 9.1: Quick Start Training - 3 sections
- Blackboard 9.1: Make Grade Center Work for You!
- Blackboard 9.1: Tests and Surveys
- Getting Started with Tegrity - 2 sections
The Registration System
- When you register for a session it's added to your Outlook calendar automatically when you accept it via the email confirmation
- If you register on the Wait List for a session that's currently full, you'll be notified immediately via email if space becomes available later
- You'll be able to check which upcoming sessions you've registered for from one convenient location
- You'll be notified immediately via email if we cancel the session. The entry will be removed from your Outlook calendar automatically when you respond to the email
Registration instructions are available on the page that appears when you click the "Register for Classes" link.
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification
If you use Office applications (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and/or Outlook), you can earn a MOS Certification in one or all of them!
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certifications are the official credential backed by Microsoft and recognized world-wide as a demonstration of your proficiency with the Office applications.
All NDSU staff and faculty can now take the MOS Certification exams on campus at no cost. Take advantage of this new opportunity for professional development!