Blackboard 9.1: Quick Start Training
Don't have time for the longer Blackboard classes? This class is for you!
This brief class covers several basic skill areas that most Blackboard instructors need. You will work in your own courses in Blackboard during this class, so be sure to create a class, or request one to be created for you prior to coming to training.
You should also bring your syllabus, a PowerPoint or Word file, and some example test questions with you to class.
Here's what we'll cover:
- The Bb 9.1 Interface - how to finesse your Course Menu
- Creating a Welcome announcement
- Uploading your syllabus
- Providing contact information
- Course Content areas - creating a general folder structure and adding 2 items to a folder - one that involves sharing a file and one that involves using the text editing box with a link.
- Tips on how to copy/paste from Word into Blackboard without hassles
- The Assignment area - Creating an assignment
- Working with the Grade Center - learn how Assignments and Tests automatically appear - adding an item manually and entering grades
- User Management - deleting students who've dropped the course
- Communication and other tools
Pre-requisites: No previous Blackboard experience necessary.