CMS (TYPO3) Basics
ITS has adopted the free TYPO3 Content Management System (CMS) for authoring and maintaining content on Web pages residing within the www.ndsu.edu domain.
TYPO3 is a robust CMS application that allows users to focus on creating and maintaining content on the Web without worrying about page construction and design, and without learning how to produce complex HTML or other more complicated programming code. The CMS template creates the page design and content you add will automatically comply with current accessibility and usability standards. Once you learn how to navigate the CMS system, you’ll be able to maintain your Web sites more easily, with a “look” and “feel” which is consistent across all Web pages at NDSU.
What we’ll cover:
- What a CMS is, and how to access it
- Advantages of using the CMS system
- Navigating the CMS interface
- Creating new pages
- Creating and editing content
- Publishing pages to the Web (the CMS Workflow)
- Moving content from other documents/Web pages into the CMS system
- Formatting content elements
- Inserting images, creating links, and using tables to present tabular data
- Uploading files (PDF files, PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, etc.) to the Filelist area
- Moving and/or deleting page elements and content elements
Prerequisites: No prior Web page creation experience is required!