Database Essentials for New Users
This class is a great place to start if you've never used Access, or if you've used it very little! We'll cover the database fundamentals and basic things you'll need to know before you attend the rest of the Access training sessions in the series.
You'll discover the advantages and benefits of using a relational database application and you'll learn the basic skills you need to get started using Access databases and managing the data they contain.
At the end of this class you will:
- Understand fundamental database concepts and terminology and be able to navigate the Access 2010 interface
- Know when you should use Excel and when it's best to use Access to store and manage data
- Understand the purpose of each of the Access objects - tables, queries, forms and reports - and how to use them
- Be able to navigate, edit and delete data in your tables
- Use simple queries to extract exactly the information you need
- Use existing forms for data entry and/or inquiry
- Run existing reports for printing or on-screen display
Prerequisites: No experience necessary.