NDSU employees can provide on-campus guests with wireless access by generating a temporary guest login. The login grants access to the NDSU Guest network.
To generate a password for a guest:
- Go to https://apps.ndsu.edu/guest-wireless
- Click Login in the top right corner
- Enter your NDSU electronic ID and password to obtain a guest password
- Follow the instructions to generate a guest password for today or for future use or multiday use
- Provide the password and connection instructions to your guest(s)
To use the password to access the NDSU Guest wireless network:
- Connect to the NDSU Guest wireless network
- Open a web browser and go to any web page
- Enter your full name and the password provided to you by an NDSU employee, and then click Submit
Guests can also work with an NDSU employee to request a digital security certificate from the IT Help Desk to connect to the wireless network.
Help & Support
If you have questions or need assistance, contact the IT Help Desk.
The Guest Wireless service is available for:
- Sponsored guests of NDSU employees
NDSU Guest may be used to transfer public data, as defined by North Dakota University System Data Classification Standards. Because this is a shared, guest network, we recommend campus guests connect to it only when invited to do so by an NDSU employee. All NDSU faculty, staff and sponsored guests are responsible for protecting private and restricted data, including data subject to export control regulations, FERPA, HIPAA, PCI and other pertinent state and federal laws and industry regulations. Keep your device up to date, including the operating system and applications, and make sure your device is protected with anti-malware before connecting to any wireless network. Contact the NDSU information security office if you have questions or concerns.