The Advanced System Engineering Laboratory (ASEL) is a research laboratory started within the Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering at North Dakota State University (NDSU) in 2017. Now, ASEL's partnership has grown to include multiple national/international universities, tribal colleges, and state/federal agencies' programs.
ASEL focuses on the multidisciplinary development of theories, methodologies, and applications in designing safer, more resilient, more sustainable (longer-lasting), and lower-cost engineered systems. Current research thrusts in ASEL include:
- Modeling and optimization of complex networked systems
- Predictive failure analysis and failure recovery schemes
- Development of data-driven decision making processes under uncertainties
- Process parameter optimization for additive manufacturing
- Reliability and resilience assessment in cyber-physical systems
If you are interested in pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering at NDSU, or if you are interested in joining ASEL, please first apply for the NDSU admission here.