College and University Websites and Resources
- "Beginning the Conversation" by Sarah Fielding & Jessica Pettitt" (Lambda 10 Project Fraternity & Sorority
- Lambda 10 Project - National Clearinghouse for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Fraternity & Sorority IssuesTransgender Resource Guide -- PDF publication)
- LGBTQArchitect - campus administrators working with LGBTQ populations
- The TONI Project - online resource for trans people to share info about policies and practices at colleges and universities across the country.
- 2010 State of Higher Education for LGBT People
News & Magazine Websites
PDF Publications to Download
- An Ally's Guide to Issues Facing LGBT Americans is a primer introducing the major areas in which unfair laws and stigma create extra burdens for LGBT Americans and prevent them from having the chance to pursue health and happiness, earn a living, be safe in their communities, and serve their country. The guide features maps and discussions of federal and state laws that stand in the way of equal opportunity for LGBT Americans. (from The Movement Advancement Project)
- Guide to Being a Straight Ally. This is a guide for straight allies, by straight allies. It aims to invite, educate, and engage straight allies in the effort to create a world with equality for all.
- Welcoming Our Trans Family and Friends. Welcoming Our Trans Family and Friends is a resource for parents and friends of transgender and gender non-conforming adults and youth. This guide will help answer some of your questions and concerns. This publication provides information, resources and strategies on creating a safe space for transgender and gender non-conforming family and friends, as well as addressing your own feelings.
- Be Yourself: Questions and Answers for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Youth. Today's youth face more social pressures than ever, especially since young people are coming out at increasingly younger ages. This publication offers a supportive approach to common questions asked by teens who may be questioning their sexual orientation. It also provides hotline numbers for teens and a list of resources.