North Dakota State University hosts over 6,000 to 8,000 camp, meeting, and conference summer participants from across the nation and around the world. Our top priority is to work closely with planners to ensure safe and fulfilling experiences. NDSU takes pride in its active student body, and summer conferences, by extension, strive to enhance growth and learning in a social, welcoming, and engaging community.
NDSU and the surrounding Fargo-Moorhead community offers a wide variety of activities and resources for all camp participants. While on campus, participants stay in one of NDSU's comfortable residence halls and eat healthy, buffet-style meals at our West Dining Center, known commonly as "the West." Outside these necessities, NDSU boasts a gorgeous tree-lined campus with a wide variety of passive, and active recreational options on, or nearby campus.
- A small fan (depending on weather conditions)
- Water Bottle (so you can drink plenty of water during your stay)
- Soap, shampoo and toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, etc..)
- An alarm clock or cell phone
Our residence halls provide linens including, sheets, blanket, pillow, and towels.
We want to make your visit to NDSU a positive and memorable experience. Please consider these safety reminders:
- Leave valuables at home. Personal possessions are important to everyone, so don't risk loss or damage. Expensive electronic equipment and jewelry can be targets for theft. NDSU does not provide insurance that covers the personal property of our guests.
- Consider a credit card or debit card if cash is needed. Credit Cards are accepted at all dining locations, the Rec & Outing Center and Wellness Center. An ATM is located inside the Memorial Union for your convenience. If you bring cash, please use smaller bills.
- Each person is provided with a room key, and encourage participants to keep the room door locked at all times.
As guests of NDSU, conference participants and their sponsors are expected to comply with all University policies and procedures.
In general, the following policies are of primary concern to conference sponsors.
- Smoking on the NDSU campus is strictly prohibited.
- Alcohol or any controlled substance is prohibited, regardless of the age of participants or chaperones.
- The possession or use of weapons is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, paint guns, firearms, ammunition, hunting knives or martial arts weapons.
Participant Waivers - Conferences & Camps
Please find below waivers that are needed for participants and chaperones, prior to arrival of your event.