Each conference and event is different in scope and size. Below is a suggested timeline when considering your event here at NDSU. Our conference staff will help remind you as deadlines approach. All conference requests are due to the conference coordinator by March 31 the year of your conference.
|1-2 years before conference|
|6-9 months |
|If there is any thing that we can help with, especially if your a first-time conference planner, don't hesitate to email us at email@example.com.|
As a conference or event chair, you play an important role in helping us make sure that we are meeting your expectations. Some of the roles of the conference chair include:
- Planning the conference agenda.
- Submitting required paperwork to NDSU in a timely fashion.
- Communicating information to your participants.
- Serve as the liaison and primary contact between conference guests and NDSU.
- Help ensure that attendees comply with NDSU rules and regulations.
- Serve as the contact for speakers, participants and special guests.
Policies and Procedures from the Office of Conference Programs, Memorial Union and the Departments of Residence Life and Dining Services are provided below. Careful review of this information provides an important foundation for the planning of a conference.
NDSU Policies that apply to conference planning include:
Facility Use Forms
Guest Wi-Fi Access
All others should make sure to check "Yes" on their conference registration form, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.