Community Leadership is designed to help students understand and promote civic engagement and leadership. Students will learn to analyze social, economic, and political problems through a theoretical framework and practical application. Leadership development will emphasize using tools of social change. Course HDFS 310 is a 3cr. course offered every spring.
Upon completion of the course, you will:
- Have a personal understanding and appreciation of service through volunteer experiences and active reflection.
- Be able to define and explain the aspects of The Social Change Model.
- Improve your collaboration, activism, and leadership abilities.
- View social, economic, and political problems from an active citizen’s perspective.
- Be able to apply knowledge about active citizenship to address real world issues and develop a sense of social responsibility.
- Understand current issues facing Fargo/Moorhead, surrounding areas, and the global community and how community service can begin to address these issues.
For more information, please contact Hailey Goplen, Assistant Director for Service-Learning and Civic Engagement,