Registration open for 3rd annual student innovation competition
Published September 11, 2013
Registration is open Sept. 10 to Oct. 18 for Innovation Challenge ’14, NDSU’s third annual student innovation competition.
Innovation Challenge ’14 will be held during Innovation Week ’14, March 3-7. The competition will award cash prizes to top product, service and corn-based innovations. The competition is open to all NDSU undergraduate or graduate students.
The 2014 competition has three tracks for teams to enter:
1. Products of any kind
2. Services of any kind
3. Goods or services focused on corn
The corn innovation track is sponsored by the North Dakota Corn Council to encourage the development of new uses for corn, especially in the areas of farming, storage, transportation, feeding and processing.
The first-place prize for each track is $5,000. Each track will have a second-place prize of $1,000, and third-place prize of $500. The public also will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite project to receive the $1,000 People’s Choice Award.
Innovation Week is sponsored by the Office of the Provost, in partnership with the NDSU Research and Technology Park. The purpose of Innovation Week is to:
· Encourage students to be innovative thinkers
· Enhance student awareness for innovation as a precursor to entrepreneurship
· Empower students to pursue entrepreneurship as a career choice
· Expand student access to resources available for innovators and entrepreneurs
· Engage the current entrepreneur and business communities with students