Senior interior design show scheduled
NDSU senior interior design students will display their comprehensive design projects during a show scheduled for Monday, April 28, through Friday, May 2, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily in the Memorial Union Prairie Rose Room. A closing reception will be hosted from 5 to 6 p.m. Friday, May 2.
The interior design faculty of the Department of Apparel, Design and Hospitality Management require all interior design students who are receiving a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree to complete an extensive interior design project. The requirement allows students to demonstrate, explore and enhance their design skills by participating in a student-initiated design project. It also helps students develop teamwork strategies in completing interior design challenges.
Team presentations for each project are scheduled for Friday, May 2, in the Memorial Union Century Theater at these times:
• 10 a.m., “Icon on Madison,” Christina Carignan, Sage Roshau and Callie Thielen
• 11 a.m., “Park Place,” Betsy Kirmis, Qi Ouyang and Hayley Wilkens
• 1 p.m., “The Ellington Plaza,” Kelsey Leistico, Hannah McAllister, and Madeline Rajtar
• 2 p.m., “Crystalla Hotel and Casino,” Kristen Ditch, Karen Freberg, and Holly Olson
• 3 p.m., “Frances Condominiums and Artful Taste Restaurant,” Janelle Kotta and Bohua Zhang
For more information, contact Susan Ray-Degges, interior design program coordinator, at 231-7218 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NDSU is recognized as one of the nation’s top 108 public and private universities by the Carnegie Commission on Higher Education.