NDSU was strongly represented in the annual "40 Under 40" list published by Prairie Business magazine. Ten NDSU alumni were among the selections recognized in the publication's December issue.
According to writers Lisa Gibson and Kayla Prasek, the honorees include professionals in the fields of finance, architecture, engineering, energy, higher education, health care, communication and technology. "They all have worked their way to the success they enjoy today, and they all will continue to climb that ladder, working harder and achieving even greater things," Gibson and Prasek wrote in the article.
Honored NDSU alumni include:
• Andrew Eitreim, BS '06, environmental design, MArch '07, architecture, is principal architect and partner for Architecture Inc. of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. He is active in Rotary Club and is a board member for the annual Sculpture Walk in Sioux Falls.
• Brad Kogstad, BS '00, civil engineering, is the municipal workgroup manager of the KLJ engineering company in Bismarck, North Dakota. He joined the firm in 2006.
• Deana (Oe) Wiese, BS '03, animal and range science, mass communication, is CEO of Clearwater Communications, Bismarck, North Dakota. The company is an association management and public relations firm.
• Caleb Bulow, BS '03, mechanical engineering, is a mechanical engineer at Prairie Engineering in Minot, North Dakota, where he heads the mechanical department. He has been with the company since 2006.
• Cam Knutson, BS '12, zoology, is the business development manager of the Kilbourne Group in Fargo and co-owner of The Sanctuary Events Center in Fargo. He also is a former NDSU student body president.
• Kari (Bitz) Tews, BS '04, mass communication, is the training and development specialist for Gate City Bank, Fargo. She also is a board member for the North Dakota March of Dimes.
• Andrew Christensen, MBA '12, business administration, is director of Arthur Ventures, Fargo, a venture capital firm. He also is a founding member of Emerging Prairie, a catalyst organization for start-up businesses in Fargo.
• Dr. Jessica (Anderson) Ruhland, BS '00, economics, is a radiologist at Mid Dakota Clinic in Bismarck, North Dakota. She helped the clinic receive Breast Imaging Center of Excellence certification from the American College of Radiology.
• Matt Bitzegaio, BUS '10, university studies, is president of Peak Engagement of West Fargo. The company specializes in providing product strategy, software architecture and development, and overall business operation solutions.
• Jeremiah Christenson, BS '02, mechanical engineering, is managing principal for Obermiller Nelson Engineering in Fargo. He has worked on more than 650 projects for education, athletics, government and medical facilities.
The full article can be viewed at www.prairiebizmag.com/pages/pb_2015_december.
As a student-focused, land-grant, research university, we serve our citizens.