Provost Beth Ingram has formed a search committee to find the next NDSU dean of engineering.
Dean Gary Smith, who joined the NDSU faculty in 2000, will be returning to his position as a faculty member in the Department of Construction Management and Engineering. He will continue to lead the college until July 1, 2017.
“I want to thank Dr. Smith for his years of service to the college and NDSU. He has been a staunch advocate for undergraduate students, and his concern has always been what’s best for his students, faculty and staff,” Ingram said. “Recruiting someone to fill his shoes will not be easy, so I hope we can reach out to candidates who will fit our culture and help us advance NDSU.”
Scott Beaulier, dean of the College of Business, will chair the committee that will include these members:
• Monique Anderson, NDSU Foundation and Alumni Association
• Achintya Bezbaruah, civil and environmental engineering
• Holly Erickson, STEM outreach coordinator
• Jennifer Hopkins, Crescendo Capital Partners
• Ivan Lima, electrical and computer engineering
• Akm Bashir Khoda, industrial and manufacturing engineering
• Sylvio May, physics
• Spencer Moir, student government
• Dean Steele, agricultural and biosystems engineering
• Matt Stone, construction management and engineering
• Xiangqing “Annie” Tangpong, mechanical engineering
The search committee will meet in the near future to begin its work to develop a position description and solicit candidates. Review of the candidates is anticipated in January, with a target of February for initial interviews. Campus visits are expected in March.
Information about the search will posted on the Provost’s website.
As a student-focused, land grant, research institution, we serve our citizens.